Thursday 24 June 2010

23rd June 2010 - Dinner - Mushroom Sauté

What?
This was a quickie. Sangram and Ramu bought a can of mushrooms that day, so I thought I would give them a try. This was the first time I was making anything with mushrooms, and I generally don't like them too soggy, so I went for this thing that we had as a starter. I took some regular butter, a dollop of garlic spread and stir fried some green peppers and tomatoes with these cut mushrooms. Some ground pepper, salt and lemon juice later, we had a tasty appetizer. Partial credits to Anasuya for the idea.

How did it look?

A posteriori
  • Some garlic spread on the thing gave a good end taste the whole thing.
  • So, the general funda now is - take some garlic spread and butter and use it to stir fry peppers and anything else for some time - add salt, pepper and lemon juice - and you have a winner.

1 comment:

  1. General funda plus one. You might want to consider adding : fry whole black pepper corns in the better to give it that delicious taste.

    ReplyDelete