Wednesday 19 May 2010

17th May 2010 - Dinner - Palak Daal and French Beans

What?
This time I have planned to try lots of Daal varieties that I couldn't or didn't last year. Also, I was able to get spinach here easily, so, this week has been devoted to it. Friday brunch (before leaving for Toronto) was Aloo-Paalak and Onion Paratha and today's dinner had Palak daal. Sabji was French beans primarily with some mixed veg and potatoes.

How did it look?


A posteriori
  • It was the first time I was making this daal, so I was a bit nervous, especially because my Daal attempts often go slightly haywire. Luckily though, it turned out the way I wanted, hallelujah!
  • Paalak gets cooked (and burnt) incredibly fast, so it pays to be wary when putting it initially in the chhonk.
  • The chhonk in kadhaai and cook in microwave routine works very well for stuff with potatoes in it. You get all the taste you want and it is cooked very uniformly at the same time.

2 comments:

  1. palak daal reminds me of palak dalal....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was my thought too when I typed the header :D

    ReplyDelete