Tuesday 11 May 2010

10th May 2010 - Dinner - Cabbage Kofta and Sautéd Vegetables

What?
Last year, when I set about making kofta and ended up with the disaster that I decided to call Cabbage Fry for lack of a better name (http://was-ich-gekocht-habe.blogspot.com/2005/06/4th-june-2009-dinner-cabbage-fry.html), I had vowed to redeem what I had lost that day (last sentence in the same entry).

I then made some simple tomato gravy for the kofta and Jeera Rice to go with it. A ready-to-make packet of Daal Makhani was also prepared to complement the whole thing.

Along with this, as a side dish, I decided to sauté a few vegetables (Thanks Anasuya for the tip). Taking my usual pea-carrot-green beans-lima beans-corn mix, I sautéd it in garlic butter and added some salt, pepper and lemon juice as seasoning. No other spice was added, and it tasted pretty good, mainly because the veg. mix we get here is very tasty inherently, and with pepper and lemon, it just can't go wrong :)

How did it look?
A posteriori
  • The kofta turned out considerably better than last year. I made sure I did not repeat the mistakes that had proved to be its nemesis. The cabbage was finely chopped They got fried well, the cabbage inside was cooked and tasted pretty decent with the gravy.
  • The sauté stuff reminded me of the sweetcorn I almost always have at DMart. We have decided to have it for every meal, apart from whatever else we are making

2 comments:

  1. Looks good...Im so glad Im at home and dont get angry at you for posting such pics of awesome food ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is what I call a balanced meal (almost balanced- some curds would be most welcome).

    ReplyDelete