Thursday 27 May 2010

25th May 2010 - Dinner - Paat Vadi

What?
I had made Paat Vadi last year too, and there was an entry on the blog, but since it was the first time I made it in Canada, I thought I would post a new entry. I am generally nervous with Besan dishes - Besan is a relatively precious commodity here, so I don't want to screw a Besan dish.

How did it look?
A posteriori
  • Since I don't have a blender here, I had to make a plain yoghurt gravy with finely chopped onions. My mom tells me that the original gravy has lots of coconut - another thing I don't get here very easily.
  • I was afraid that the vadi would disintegrate once put in the gravy, but luckily that didn't happen!
  • Pahle jo gravy thee, wo kam lagi, so Sangram was like - make more gravy!, so we made more of it in another pan and poured it on top and mixed the whole thing.

1 comment:

  1. Well, hats off to you for trying out complicated things like this in a land where the ingredients are sparse and charged astronomically!! :)

    ReplyDelete