Friday 8 May 2009

8th May 2009 - Dinner - Noodles

As written earlier, I was going to make Noodles today. We had cabbage (from yesterday, remember?), yellow pepper, onions and tomatoes.

And yeah, by the way, all recipe credits to my mother!

What?
Chopped all the vegetables, boiled noodles separately, sautéd vegetables, added noodles after straining, blah blah.

Also found some Balsamic vinegar, and already had chilly sauce, so added that too.

How did it look?
Voilà
What went wrong?
Many things, I guess. Frankly, it didn't taste very good. And we made too much. I erred on the side of excess and boiled a second round of noodles and it turns out the first set was sufficient. What you see in the pic has been taken out for purposes of photography, the real bowl held almost 6 times this amount.

Also, the vegetables got over-cooked, it got soggy, it became a bit smelly, as cabbage tends to do, and so the result wasn't very encouraging. 

But, I guess we win some, we lose some, and with every loss, it is experience++

So, here's to more successful ventures!

P.S. If you are reading this blog for the first time, not all my attempts are bad ;) Read the stuff below! :P

2 comments:

  1. करत करत अभ्यास से ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excess and sogginess-I encountered the same issues the first time I cooked noodles :(. Cabbage with noodles just doesn't work for me...

    ReplyDelete